Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Temporary Home Sweet Home


My friend Susan has a great apartment with amazing views overlooking St. Kilda Beach and St. Kilda Pier. I’m staying with her when I’m in Melbourne until the first week of December, at which time, I’ll move into my flat share with Chris and Ian on Barkly Street.

Yeah…It's true! I will soon have a fixed address in Australia! The situation unfolded quite nicely as follows: Chris is a really good friend of Jasmina and Matt, (my friends from the Great Ocean Road Backpackers in Lorne), and Ian is a really good friend of Chris’s. They are flat mates sharing Chris's apartment, and they needed a reason to ask their third roommate (who apparently had become something of a hard case) to leave.
Enter Canadian girl!
Chris and I met initially in Lorne, but I met them both “officially” later in November when they had me over for a real Aussie BBQ. We hit it off, and they invited me to watch the Melbourne Cup with them at a cool pub the following day. Good times! They are pretty cool guys, and I think it will work out just fine!

No comments: