Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lorne Again!

My Surf Buddy Jasmina and I on the Lorne Foreshore

This weekend I hitched a ride with Chris up to Lorne to visit Matt and Jasmina. He is helping them renovate their farmhouse in the Otways…and I’m the token surf bum! . Weather was warm! (34 degrees!) Summer is here or...as they say: “Summa is he-ya!”

Sunrise at Lorne Surf Beach before Jasmina and I hit the water for our daily morning surf.
There’s a nice sandbank at the beach right now…the result of a pretty wild storm a few weeks ago. The sandbar makes for some really cruisey fat waves that are ideal for my board. I get a lot of practice taking drops and breaking left and right with my mal. Yesterday I even carved a wicked turn...by accident. I'll have to sort out how I did that next time I'm out on the water!

1 comment:

K. van der Leeden said...

Sun, surf and authentic communal living with two Aussies in a flat in Melbourne! Sounds like a plan! And in case you were wondering...:
WINTA IS HE-YA!!!!

PS: Are there any foamies for guests in that flat???