Thursday, November 29, 2007

Babies and the Beach

Mornington beach huts

I spent this week on the Mornington Penninsula, east of Melbourne. I stayed with Sophie (Jasmina’s sister) and her little boy, Oliver. He’s 10 months old and REALLY happy. He is a bulldozer when he crawls and he flirts like mad. When I wasn’t looking for surf, we all hung out, played and went for walks.
Jacqui ten Hove and Glenn Whitney are good friends back home in Victoria. They recommended I get in touch with friends of theirs who are now living on the Mornington Penninsula. And so…I met and visited with Sheila (Canadian from Vancouver) and Sue, her Australian partner. They have a really CUTE little 6 week old baby boy named Finn. Both Sheila and Sue are teachers and we got on really well. We spent the afternoon chatting and enjoying lunch on their deck.
When I wasn’t meeting really cool people and their adorable offspring, I did catch some great rides on waves at Gunnamatta Beach. It reminds me of Long Beach.

No comments: