Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Surfari on Philip Island

Last month I was able to lug my mini mal on and off buses with success on the Surf Coast west of Melbourne. This weekend, I decided (with some trepidation) that if I was going to continue my adventure and find more waves on the coast east of the city, I would have to rent a car. (SCARY!)

My destination: 5 days on Philip Island. 125 km. southeast of Melbourne.
My vehicle: a Nissan Tiidased.
My gear: surfboard, wettie, bathers, sunscreen, books and lots of treats.

Philip Island is a surf destination. It’s pretty small: 26 km long and 9 km across. However, with 12 surf beaches (point, reef breaks and beachies) all along the coast, facing in all directions….there’s waves to be had at any given moment!

1 comment:

TIFF said...

ok you are killing me....who is the man in that photo? Is he from Calgary? HA HA
Keep on exploring those beaches bebe!