Friday, June 6, 2008

DARCY, SAM AND MAX and MAUREEN ARRIVE!!

Happy Day! I am so lucky to have my GREAT friend Darcy arrive Down Under with her two little boys and her mother-in-law! I had to practice speaking their names out loud as I was waiting for them at the airport this morning. I was so excited, I was having a hard time speaking!

Darcy and Maureen agree that while both boys were good throughout the 30 hours of travel, Sam was a champ for sleeping for pretty much ALL of the LongHaul flight! Max, however was a machine, sleeping maybe 4 hours total. This picture taken in LAX is pretty indicative of their experience. Sam is conked out asleep, and Max is tearing up the place.

I brought them treats and breakfast to eat in the hotel. After discovering the pool was not heated, (NOT a good thing!), we ventured into the city for a brief walkabout and a coffee. Here are Darcy and Sam on a Melbourne Tram.
We wandered a circuit that started at Federation Square and Flinders Station.
There's always something happening at Fed Square, and today, it was a good ol' Aussie Sausage Sizzle. Here are Max and Sam checking out and giving their verdict on the Australian "snag". Max is initially unsure...... and then Sam gives the Thumbs Up.
In the end, both boys made short work of the sausages.
No landing in Melbourne is complete without a laneway cafe stop. Here Sam decides whether Australian Hot Chocolate will pass muster.

2 comments:

Brad C said...

Whoo! Glad to hear some more news of the fam. Thanks for the update!

My father in law beat me to the punch and found it first.

Jan B said...

Hi paola,
Jan here from Belmont, just wanted to touch base with you . It sure looks like your having a blast! Wish I was there too . Another school year is coming to an end. YAY! When are you coming back? Or are you? If you get a chance write sometime eh. jcbain2@telus.net