Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Doctor Says...

I can’t surf for at least another week, maybe two. That’s sad. School is fast approaching, and it would be cool to have whole days on the water…but not yet.However, I am healing well, and you can see that there is nice, bright and healthy pink tissue in the place of nasty, black necrotic tissue. Yep, there’s still a cavernous hole in my leg. I can’t drink alcohol because of the antibiotics, but if I could, there's enough of a trough there that I might consider doing a half shot of Jagermeister out of my leg!
When I see the doctor next week, he’ll be able to say whether or not a skin graft or just plain stitches will close it up. The new dressing is some interesting, space-age healing paste/putty with kind of a second skin- type bandage over top. (For the medical community out there, they did tell me what it was, but I promptly forgot.Sorry.)

No comments: