Friday, March 4, 2011

Where did February go?

Where did this month go? I think this may be the first time in 3 years when there's been less than 5 posts in a month. Well, it's been busy. Life takes over, and making clever observations of local flora and fauna or the best local place to get coffee and pastries is sometimes doesn't feel like a priority.

Having said that, Andrew and I have begun to explore our neighborhood. We have now collected take-away menus from all of the restaurants in Fairfield Village. We quite like the local Thai, and we learned the hard way that we can save $7 per main and $5 per starter at the local Indian by ordering take-away instead of eating in!

The Fairfield Train Station is guarded by The Dog Statue. I quite like him!



Apropos of dogs, I was born in a year of the dog. February was my month to learn (inadvertently) a bit about my Chinese Zodiac sign and some of the personality traits of people who are born in "dog years".
For those of you who know me well and love me, check this out. Certainly as I've reflected on the month just past, it's a bit interesting. Chinese Zodiac: the Dog

Look, I can't believe in it all, because to subscribe to it completely would be to deny the ways in which I am unique as an individual, and the ways in which my behavior has shifted, grown (or eek! not developed at all!) given my life experiences so far. (blah blah blah)
But seriously, come on! It's just interesting, is all.

Hey, how closely do you resemble your Chinese Zodiac Sign?

Cue the song I kind of wish wasn't in the Soundtrack of my Life, but it seems kinda appropriate lately.




No comments: