Saturday, March 5, 2011

Blogging is weird


I love this picture. The Lorne pier looks like it's in a snow field!

I started blogging because it seemed a good way to stay in contact with friends and family back in Canada when I travelled overseas to Australia. I was looking for a fun alternative to those mass emails addressed to everyone in your contact list. I have a difficult time with sending and reading those missives.
Blogging appealed to me because I could be creative about what I shared with people. They could see what I saw in my pictures, and in my writing I could evoke the new and different smells, tastes and sounds of my life away from them. I could share my opinions and views about my experiences in that new world, and (sometimes honestly and other times cryptically) reveal to them what I was feeling.
Blogging is a public activity, and while I confide and share my feelings with a small group of people whom I love and who I know love and care for me, I really feel that the big 'ol blog-o-sphere doesn't deserve to know all of me.
And yet, I want people to know what's happening in my life. I want to connect with those who are far away from me; those people I can't hug in person or share a chat over a cup of tea.
Here goes the crypticism: (is that even a word?! it sounds and looks like mysticism...)

Suffice it to say that I am in a place in my life where there is both darkness and light. It's a place of potential; of choice. I'll be okay when I come through it.... it's just tricky when I'm in it.

1 comment:

Brad C said...

It is kind of like having a public diary - you can't quite commit your soul to it :) We're with you either way!