Monday, February 18, 2008

Hard Yakka

Definition: Hard work or labour; also a brand of workwear in Australia worn by tradies and weekend warriors.

I was lucky enough to spend last weekend surfing in Lorne. In two gorgeous sunny days, I had 5 surf sessions! Every time I got in the water, I had a better surf. I can complain about nothing!
On Sunday, in between our surf sessions, I helped Matt and Jasmina with some painting up at the farm they are renovating. This is Jas and me in our hard yakka workwear.



















Related Hard Yakka terms:

Tradies: People working in the trades.
Chippies: Carpenters
Sparkies: Electricians

Flouro: Flourescent. Tradies wear flouro shirts while on the job.

Bluey: Large blue jacket worn by tradies in winter
Ciggy Break: Cigarette and/or coffee break

No comments: