Sunday, July 29, 2012

Random Winter Things



It's not very warm in Melbourne this winter. For a country that suffers from massive drought, there has been A LOT of rain here lately.  The one problem is, the catchment areas are poorly located. Let's hope we can move into an Australian spring and summer with full dams and rain tanks!


One of the shopping arcades in the city is featuring this colorful brolly display this winter. Very appropriate.
These are orchids growing outside the apartment next door. Totally surprising. I always thought that orchids required lots of TLC. These ones thrive on neglect as my neighbour does NOTHING to tend to his assortment of succulents and other potted plants.


There are many delicious micro-breweries in Victoria and around Melbourne. It is officially my mission to sample as many interesting looking brews this winter (with the best brew sampling companion ever...) so that I am full of excellent recommendations when my friends Jacquie and Glenn rock up in Melbourne in January of next year.  The vote on Wahoo? Great name, but give it a pass.  This brewery from Western Australia also makes Atomic Pale Ale. We'll see how good that one tastes...stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what you try. I wonder if I can get the same thing here somehow?

Andrew said...

Looking forward to trying the best of your samplings! Will be a switch from the wine we will drink when at Britta's!!