Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Canada Day!


Dear friends and family back in Canada today who have enjoyed warm summer temperatures, cold drinks... perhaps some of them alcoholic...bbqs, fireworks and ice cream ( maybe even a Dilly Bar) on Canada Day,
I miss you. ...but I do still love my "new" home. Allow me to describe my creature comforts of Winter Coziness this evening in Melbourne:
  • Cycling home (in fresh 9 degree weather) from a meeting across the city when it is still light (5pm) and has not yet started raining. 
  • Entering my apartment  (both oil heaters on!) and drawing a hot bath. 
  • Pouring a glass of wine and defrosting Greek Lentil soup to have later for dinner with some crusty bread.
  • Enjoying said bath and wine ...at the same time....as well as...
  • Reading the third book in the Hunger Games Trilogy.  (I've got to know what the kids are into these days!)
Here's a decidedly un-Canadian but very Australian wine I shared with someone who appreciates a good red (and can rock on with the best of 'em) a couple nights ago.




No comments: