Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spring Energy

Spring is sneaking into swing here in Melbourne. The jasmine is blooming and scenting the air, and camellias, irises and violets have been blooming for some time. Calla lilies and roses are starting to open.


I bought two bunches of ranunculus at the market on the weekend, and the riotous colours and open blossoms make me happy.

My fringe show opens next week, and things are busy. Often, I can put way too much pressure on myself to meet my own exacting standards in so many areas of my life. And, of course, this means hello to anxiety and sleepless nights.

I had a great yoga class tonight. At the end of class, when our heads were bowed in namaste,  my yoga instructor reminded us to "Be content with your effort".  Good timing. (How is it that this man always says the things that I need to hear the most? ...One reason why he's my favourite.)

No comments: