Sunday, November 1, 2009

Boring As

If I'm going to be honest with myself, my last two posts are almost completely lacking in entertainment value. So, to reassure you that I do get out to do more than just hunt down public health announcements and practice my Breaking and Entering skills, have a look!

I went to a concert on Friday night with my friend Nadia. bluejuice is a popular Australian band that has been around for ages. Nadia's boyfriend's brother, James is the drummer, and Nadia also knows Stav, one of the lead singers. Good music; young bogan crowd. Nadia and I were happy in the mosh pit  until we were outnumbered by big inebriated blokes.

Like Cinderella, we set ourselves a curfew of midnight. Nadia was going to Derby Day (the first day of the Spring Racing Carnival) on Saturday, and I was catching an early morning train to escape to Lorne for the long weekend. Even with our early exit, we still got to hear some of the band's iconic songs AND we held our own down the front with the blokes. No shoes were left behind.

No comments: