Monday, October 5, 2009

People you meet whilst traveling:



I'm on my way to Maui to meet my wonderful friends Darcy and Brad and their newest little baby, Katy. It's been an uneventful trip, with the biggest glitch being that the In Flight Entertainment didn't work for the first two hours of the Qantas flight from Sydney. Big whoop! I had a great time meeting a number of interesting sets of people....
  • My seat mates on the flight from Sydney to Honolulu: Sharon and Patti . Very large 60-something Elvis enthusiasts from Brisbane. They called me "lovey", "ducky", "honey", "chicken" and "darl".
  • A retired couple from California in the lineup at the Hawaiian airlines check in: Phil and Cheyenne. They are both participating in the Hawaiian IronMan Race next weekend:  (Dead ringers for Katie and Henry Unger.)
  • Seated beside me waiting for a flight to Maui: Susan and Steve. A dentist husband/wife team with beautiful white teeth from Wisconsin who are island hopping after spending the week at the National Dental Conference in Waikiki:
My conclusion: Time passes faster when you have little chats with random people. It's interesting and entertaining.... and it sure beats sitting behind your laptop giving the stink eye to some dude who has  a huge case of the sniffles because he won't just go blow his nose and you're convinced he has Swine Flu. 
(Extended periods of international travel leave me hypersensitive and prone to writing run-on sentences. Why can't people just blow their frickin noses?! God! 

No comments: