Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Go to that Happy Place

Reality Bites. 
"Why?" you ask.
  • My housemate has just told me he's moving out next Tuesday and back to Sydney. I need to find someone to replace him ASAP.
  • I have two major assignments due tomorrow. One is a group project and my partner hasn't answered my messages about arranging a meeting time. 
  • I start teaching an Acting class on Thursday night and I haven't finished prepping for it. 
  • I have a wicked head cold. 
Things I am thankful for:
  • A great time in Hawaii with good friends. 
  • A tan.
  • General good health.
  • I worked a full day yesterday at one of my favourite schools. 
  • I've got good friends here in OZ. 
  • I can still feel as if I'm moving on the waves when I close my eyes. (And NO, that isn't the cold medication! If you look back at my earlier posts, you'll remember I've learned not to take cold medication in Australia. It's like crack.)
So, yes... right now, I'm going to summon memories of the beach back in Maui, and that will keep me calm.
















No comments: