Saturday, August 9, 2008

#10 The Interior

Let's start with...
The kitchen. You gotta love the stainless steel appliances ("white goods" here), but the mirrored backsplash shits Chris! He has ordered a laser print of a red Bird of Paradise to hide the inevitable grease splatters and grime. A very distinctive design choice. (As you will recall from the St. Kilda place, red is Chris's accent colour.)
And...this is the view from my tiny window in my bedroom. There’s a council law here that new 2-story dwellings must have frosted windows to ensure privacy for the neighbours. It’s a bit too bad because that means that most of my window view is obscured.However, let's imagine that I might have a neighbour who likes to walk around their backyard naked...and if it's NOT a pretty sight, (the naked neighbour...not the garden!), then I guess the frosted glass is a good thing!

No comments: