Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sydney!



My good friend, Lizabee Wickett met me at the airport when I arrived in Sydney, Australia, and I stayed overnight with her at International House on campus of the University of New South Wales.
The following morning, we went downtown to see two of the most iconic sights of Australia: The Harbour Bridge and The Sydney Opera House.



It’s really great to have such a soft landing into my new country! Lizabee and I have had a ton of laughs and giggles remembering stuff from elementary and high school. It’s also cool to be able to connect as colleagues, (Lizabee teaches History at Pacific Academy in Surrey), and also as Canadians living in a foreign land!



We met her parents, Gary and Adele at Circular Quay and caught a little ferry to Taronga Zoo. We spent a warm day wandering around the zoo, enjoying the both the animals and the fantastic views over the city.

No comments: