Friday, September 28, 2007

FIJI TIME


This little guy greeted me on the approach to my room at the Beachside Resort in FIJI!
It sounds crazy to me, but it's true...here I am, towards the end of September, enjoying 3 days in Fiji...

The people are friendly and the country is gorgeous!

I enjoyed hot weather, with a couple of tropical rain showers.
No one rushes here...and while the Fijians do drive fast, I think it's more to create some natural air conditioning than the need to rush from Point A to Point B.
The resort I stayed at was off the beaten track, and had a great pool and restaurant. The downside: a bastard rooster who lived at the farm next door and welcomed the breaking of the day every morning at 3:30 a.m!
My poolside view.

3 comments:

Brad C said...

Dang! 3:30am! Glad to see you figured out the blogging world. Although you did send me the wrong address (paolaugder@blogspot instead of paolaunger.blogspot.com). You should have done a little play on words and gone with paolaunder...

K. van der Leeden said...

It sounds crazy to me too....end of September and you are hanging in Fiji while we are doing "first impressions". But ... you deserve it, girl! Enjoy!

Sandra Mullan said...

Hi Paula. I'm loving all your great descriptions, and seeing your beautiful pictures makes me want to go out and buy myself a didital camera! (I'll have to go somewhere exciting too, of course, to get good use of it.)