Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thanksgiving in Melbourne


Needless to say, Australians don’t celebrate our Thanksgiving. Using the wonders of the Internet, I have found a group of Canadian ex-pats here in Melbourne. They are known as “The Canada Club of Victoria” ( for some reason, I find this funny.)

My membership details were expedited so I could be included in the dinner. Turkey and ham were served with all the fixings, and heaps of pumpkin pie and ice cream for dessert! It was all very tasty, and I met a bunch of “noice” people.
I was invited to join the group for the Grey Cup party… and Hockey Nights in Australia!!
Funny thing: I thought it might be overkill to wear my Roots Canada shirt….but the majority of people showed up wearing white and red! I’ll know for next time! (Oh, and if anyone is interested, I get a 20% discount on blade sharpening at a local skate shop. It's all about the perks, people!)

No comments: