Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lorne


I’ve been staying at the Great Ocean Road YHA Backpacker’s Lodge in Lorne for the last little while. It is a cute collection of two-storey pine lodges nestled in the hillside. I’ve had a great time meeting people and making some new connections with other International travellers and Aussies.
I’ve surfed everyday I’ve been here, and I feel like I get better every time I'm out on the water. Matt and Jasmina, the couple who manage the cottages are super nice and quite a lot of fun. I have been out surfing with Jasmina a couple times. My roommate, Katja from Germany is great too! I feel a little sad having to move on...but I'll come back....FOR SURE!

There are resident koalas, cockatoos, lorakeets and parrots here. (They like to be hand fed.)

1 comment:

K. van der Leeden said...

Note to Self #2 A:

When in unfamiliar territory.... always stick with the Germans!!!