Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Year of Living Dangerously (also known as My Year of Painting Trim)

So I have been labouring most weekends with Polyfilla, sandpaper, masking tape, Primer and glossy white trim paint. It is a labour of love as I have been able to slowly update the 1980's Mission Brown skirting boards, door and window frames.

As with all things DIY, there has been a learning curve. I have discovered my preferred brand of paint, size and brand of masking tape.... and most importantly, my favourite size and brand of brush. What they say is true: Your tools ARE important.
With the exception of the laundry room, which will be torn up for a bigger renovation down the track, the entire ground floor is now trimmed white.  2015 will be the year of painting all of the upstairs trim in white.

The back door in the kitchen in process:


After: (the security screen door was replaced by a far more attractive screen door. 

In process in the master bedroom:



After:

Still life of masking tape after the last coat. 

Best paint ever!

Mission brown on the window sill, white in process on the floorboards in the family room. 

After:



No comments: