Monday, April 16, 2012

...Not dead yet!

Well, there has been just about a month of silence on this blog. That may be my own personal record. Shoddy.
This is just a quick word to say that I am still here and life continues to  unfold in challenging and interesting ways. I'll try and summarize in a "dot points" (Translation: point form). 
  • Frugal living means rocking up at friends' homes for dinners. They love that.
  • I resigned from my teaching job at the end of the first term in order to direct a play at the VCA. The second year acting company has their first performance season in June, and I am one of three directors working on Australian plays with these actors. It's a pretty cool gig: it's paid, it's a chance to direct well-trained young actors, and it's another opportunity to make some beautiful and interesting theatre. 
  • I had a pretty fun and busy end of term teaching Drama and French to my junior students.
  • I spent a working holiday in Lorne  on the term break and enjoyed an Endless Summer on and near the beach.

Stay tuned for pictures coming in the next few days. 

No comments: