Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why I'm Wagging School


wag: (verb) to skip; put off; play truant.

I wagged classes at Latrobe this last week -- and I'll be wagging a few more before the middle of September!

I've been assisting on A Streetcar Named Desire, the next show in Melbourne Theatre Company's Educational EXPLORATIONS season. Pretty cool stuff, eh? I'm excited. Who needs uni?! (Well, I do -- to stay in the country -- but that's moot!)


This
is a great learning experience! The cast and Brett Adam, the director, have only 3.5 weeks of rehearsal before a 2 week season (2 matinees a day) for school audiences. With the constraint of only 90 minutes of stage time, Brett has chosen key scenes from Tennessee Williams's famous work which will be interspersed with commentary on symbol, action and theme.

I love going to rehearsals, and I am reminded that time flies when you are hard at work in studio spaces with no windows.

1 comment:

Kopan said...

Way to go, Unger!