Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'd just like a little off the back, please.

So, before I even begin.... the lesson is NEVER, EVER go to "JUST ANY" hairdresser because yours is booked solid for two weeks, you are overdue for a cut and your hair is driving you mad. Deal with madness. Fully embrace cup-a-crazy because the alternative is the worst haircut of your life.

All I said to this new,random chick was: I really like the length my hair is right now. I don't want to lose any of the length. I'd just like a bit taken off the back 'cuz it looks a bit heavy, and if you have to texturize.... I understand.

My regular stylist? He knows what I like. He'd use his judgement and I'd trust that.

When she was done, and I sat in the chair with all the colour drained from my face and my jaw on the floor. I said, "I'm shocked." She kept saying "It'll be much easier." OF COURSE IT WILL BE MUCH EASIER, YOU DUMB BITCH! I screamed in my head, YOU HAVEN'T LEFT ME ANY EFFING HAIR TO DEAL WITH!!

To her face, I said. "I asked for a little off the back. You used the clippers. I am not happy, and I will not be back." I exited with a straight back and all the dignity of a shorn sheep.


Bless my hairdresser. He didn't say "I told you so." All he said was, "Let's fix it, dahling." And he did. It's still short, but.


1 comment:

Alex said...

Oh darling. I can totally sympathise... I too had a horrible haircut where she "took a bit of initiative". She finished and said, and I quote, "it looks like I have hung you upside down from a tree and just cut away at your hair. Its great!!". Mmm. I had a mohawk. At the front there was a section which was so short you could see my scalp. Which she actually wanted to shave.

I said no.

(From Christina)

(Alex has had similar experiences. Which I have inflicted on him)