Tuesday, February 10, 2009

To Sum Up...

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am very bad at Math. And for those of you who don't ... there you go: some insight. Math is definitely a weakness; my Achilles Heel; a chink in the armour.

Yeah. Math. Not good at it. Avoid it at all costs. So, funny that I find myself trying to "sum up" (value, quantify, qualify) my experience of the three week holiday I enjoyed back home in Victoria, BC.
Sure, I could tell you what the trip actually cost me, and how many people I saw and how long each of our visits were, and it would be an EPIC story problem, but I just don't have the energy in me to devise it.

Bottom line? I can only speak about the quality of the time I had, and it was the quality of the visits I had with people that made my return to Victoria SO WORTHWHILE!

Time was short, so conversations were mostly intense and about really important stuff. After all, there was 1.5 years to catch up on with a lot of people! Laughs were doubled and compounded (Can I do that? Too bad if there's a Math rule that says I can't!), and so were tears in some cases.
There was not a lot of down time, and the schedule was chockers...and I'm happy I made it as busy as I did. I have WONDERFUL friends and family in Canada, and I'm lucky to have them! I am beyond pleased that I got to see and share valuable time with a great many of them.

A Big Canadian Bear hug to every single last one of you!
Thank you. 1+1=2

No comments: