Monday, December 8, 2008

I don’t know from Cricket….

10 things I learned when I went to watch SHANE WARNE: THE MUSICAL:

10. It’s a good idea to drink spirits before watching any musical theatre.
9. It’s just that much more entertaining when your theatre date has a good sense of humour too.
8. Sometimes it physically hurts me to watch performers mime sports activities.
7. Eddie Perfect knows his audience. So does Neil Armfield.
6. Gospel, soul, power anthems, bollywood and boy band-inspired tunes can live together in harmony.
5. I now know what a legspin bowler is.
4. While there were a few cringe-worthy moments, this show is very far from a “cringe fest”. (And you know, maybe it was just me and my issues with musical theatre!)
3. Cricket is massive in Australia.
2. Shane Warne is massive in Australia. (At one point, he thought he was so massive that he took dieuretics to lose weight. This led to being banned from the game for testing positive for a prohibited substance. Who knew!)
1. After this sports-inspired theatre experience, I’d consider going to see a musical about hockey and Todd Bertuzzi.

No comments: