Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Things to do in Lorne when there are no waves to ride...

I spent another great weekend in Lorne with Matt and Jas. When I arrived on the Friday afternoon, there was absolutely no swell on the Surf Coast. What to do! Jas and I took Zephyr for a bush walk. We saw the Erskine Falls and then hiked back into town. Saturday was a cruisey day, and we had good surf the rest of the long weekend.

Australia has the best warning signs ever!
Beware of holes, slippery surfaces, trees that can fall on your head and crush you, and Brown Snakes!

The Otways are beautiful and green.

Once again…the grainy Sascquatch-style pictures of grey Kangaroos. These guys were huge, and a whole mob crossed the road in front of us as we were on our way back into town. You should see them hop! It is the coolest thing ever. It NEVER gets old!

2 comments:

Brad C said...

I have to admit I feel at little jealous when I read about your long country walks with Jas. I miss your company, but am glad you have nice friends to spend time with.

D

Brad C said...

I have to admit I feel at little jealous when I read about your long country walks with Jas. I miss your company, but am glad you have nice friends to spend time with.

D